Tuesday 17 April 2012

Reaching my goals

Good morning guys. I know that I have been quiet lately and not posting as regularly as I should. I hope that you have been giving yourself all the attention that you need and deserve. Yesterday I officially started with my training to reach my goals of 57kg and 5km run in 30 mins by 30 June. I have my visual boards at home and on my desk at work to keep me motivated and to remind me of what my goals are. Yesterday I started again with my 5weeks to 5km program, but I also signed up for 12 weeks to 10km yesterday on SHAPE magazine's website. I will be getting my first program on Friday (the new week's program received every Friday) and will be following that for the next 12 weeks. My next 10km run is on the 12th/13th of May and I am very excited about it as my Hubby will also be doing his first 5km run.

It is so nice to see my team at work also committed to their own goals, I am so proud of everyone for taking the step in getting healthy.

Do not give up on your goals. And do not set easy goals for yourself. I read that a study has shown that people who set easy goals and reach their goals have a less sense of achievement than those who set higher goals, not achieving it 100%.

Have a good week. I will be posting regularly during my 12 week challenge. I will let you know what I have to do each day - if you want to join in the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment